15 November 2009

Just like riding a bike...!

Actually, I think I have probably been on a bike more recently than I have picked up my recorders. It must have been at least 15 years since I've played anything remotely musical (maracas don't count, I'm fairly sure!), and I have this afternoon utterly surprised myself by being not only able to play the notes but to even sight read a tune. Admittedly, only Christmas carols so far, but in a very recognisable fashion, apart from the recorder being a tad flat. I guess when things are drilled into us enough at a young age, we retain some level of competence (I was about 9 years old when I learnt to read music). I am excited though - so bring on the busking, which will be 11th December somewhere discreet in Trafalgar Square, if there is such a thing, with maybe a mince pie and a flask of mulled wine. I will need carol singers, so feel free to come along and witness me possibly officially crossing off the first thing on my list! Bring a camera...

Other contenders though are juggling, which I'm hoping to attempt this weekend coming (might take me a while though, my hand/eye coordination is notoriously bad), and the jumper, for which I have purchased the wool and the needles. Crochet and Christmas cards are where my creativity is being focused at the moment though, but it would be nice to have the jumper done before the spring arrives at least!

Other progress includes having Shaun Keaveny name check me on the BBC 6 Music breakfast show (so maybe I could arrange to buy him a drink sometime - it's either him or Clare Sweeney at the moment!), deciding my scrapbook could be an online one, with a little help from a friend, a little more work on the dolphin, and identifying a photography group that should help my skills and motivation there.

Areas I'm definitely slacking in are the running and the writing...still, there's plenty of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment