20 June 2010

A long time coming...



Sorry folks, while life hasn't exactly been quiet lately I have been a bit slack on the 'list' front - until today that is!

Courtesy of my lovely brother-in-law, and the loan of a helmet, I can now say I have ridden on the back of a motorbike (and apparently it's a cool one too!). I can't remember whose suggestion this was, but thank you kind friend, for it was fantastic!

I had the opportunity to do this when I was a young (but not entirely stupid) 18 year old, when I was dating a chap called Lee. He had a bike, but my common sense kicked in and I chose to forgo the opportunity to become a statistic. So I've waited a long time for this, never too sure whether I really wanted to do it but feeling like it was something that should be experience....just once.

Phil is an excellent rider (is that the right term??!), the man is a marine, so felt pretty safe putting my life in his hands! Still, I was pretty nervous. All that evaporated though after a couple of minutes, and I am happy to admit a squeal of excitement as we overtook the first car!

Photos are on Facebook , should you want to see more.

Next on the list? Not sure yet - there's the book started, the knitting to finish, the juggling to finesse, the sun to watch come up, the horses to ride, the party to organise...it's going to be a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment