24 October 2010

The trip: part two...



See there you were, thinking that was it. But oh no, there is more! Without writing another epic post I can condense this into three simple facts:

a) as well as enjoying the hospitality of friends and family, I also went off on a trip to the Grampians and the Great Ocean Road

b) I spent some quality time exploring Melbourne, and think it's a great city

c) I also rode a horse!

As the latter of these is also on my list of things to do, I thought it was worthy of report! I can't quite say I achieved this to any kind of standard, given I managed about half an hour, so I'm not sure I can cross it off officially, but Angela was kind enough to put me on Granite, who as you can see is a very handsome beast. Thankfully he is also extremely well behaved, and aside from - what I hope was - a graceful slide to one side as I trotted down the paddock, I think I did quite well. It definitely whetted my appetite for a bit more equine activity.

Photos of the whole trip can be found on my Flickr site. Not all of them, but enough to give a flavour to the whole adventure. Don't be deceived by them - the weather was the only disappointment. Hence no photos of the rainforest - as rain it did! I loved getting out and about though. A couple of highlights: one was the Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne - built for the same series of great exhibitions that the Crystal Palace was build for, a nice 'tale of two cities'; and although I saw most of the Great Ocean Road in cold, windy weather that I was utterly unprepared for, it is a stunning stretch of road - a bit like Cornwall only bigger!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a fabulous time. You leave wanting to hear more.

    Here is one little friendship in Aylesbury you don't need to travel quite so far.

    we need to catch up soon.

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete