13 October 2009

Knit one, purl one...

As it turns out, purling is a bit ambitious yet, but yesterday I had my first knitting lesson and so far, so no dropped stitches! The idea of sitting around at a lunchtime in the office with a few colleagues - including one token male who yesterday was absent due to his partner's waters breaking - was a fine one. Knitting as it turns out is indeed the new yoga . So much so that when I got back last night after what was strangely quite a stressful yoga class (it was a whole ujjayi breathing problem), I sat there watching David Attenborough's new series with a cup of warm milk and my knitting needles clicking away....I think I must have been channelling! Still, my current enthusiasm bodes well for a jumper somewhere down the line. Although it is only day one.

On another note, I also started going through my 'memories box' at the weekend. So far I've limited it to my gig tickets - of which there are many - some cards I've saved and a few other bits and pieces. Leaving aside the piles of photos still to be explored, the next issue is how on earth I'm going to present them. On the advice of a friend I Googled 'scrapbooks' and came up with a ridiculous range of options. More research needed methinks...

1 comment:

  1. There are loads of sites with free digial scrapbook papers and things to download i will send some links if you are interested but you need some good editing software.

    I prefer to scrapbook with paper myself but then I like the tactile feel.

    Big Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete