04 October 2009

Narrowing things down a bit...

Having spent the day slaving over a hot oven, I'm slightly ashamed of the fact that I seem to have lost the ability to bake. Yes, it's been a while since I've really made an effort, not generally being a pudding kinda girl, but back in the day I could rustle up biscuits and cakes with a certain amount of confidence that they would turn out just fine. I had a mum and a nan who, like most women of their generations, were queens of the stove with seemingly little effort, and I soaked up some of their skills when I was younger. But as my efforts today will show, I was somewhat cocky to think I had some residual level of ability left! Practice does indeed make perfect, and so I'm thinking maybe my 'new cuisine' should be recapturing the skills of baking...


On a separate note, it seems once again I completely missed the whole Glastonbury registration/ticket buying deadlines....so I'll be holding out for 2011 to complete that one. Somebody please remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment