16 October 2009

The pen is mightier than the keyboard

This whole writing malarky is challenging... First off, I have to decide which potential masterpiece I'm going to focus my efforts on. As I'm the queen of ideas but lack any ability to finish anything, this is proving difficult. I have one I keep returning to, but others tempt me away with promises of being easier to write. This I know to be a lie, but just because something is an untruth doesn't stop me believing it.

The next challenge is finding the time. Being a girl that likes a plan, I have of course written a schedule. Not quite stuck it to the fridge yet, but I may have to as things like sleep, work and knitting keep getting in the way. Plus of course I get easily distracted by reading books about how to write. Helpful. Still, I've got 23 months and 2 weeks to do this in...no problem.

And finally, I still haven't committed to either the notebook or the laptop. Which at the moment means I've got three different bits of writing going on. It's good to carry a notebook around for those flashes of inspiration, but transferring them to a single file isn't really happening at the moment.

Discipline, that's what I need. Now, any suggestions as to how I get that??

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the writing thing won't be as difficult as you think, looks like your doing OK here.
    Write about the life of a thirty something. I am following you now, and nice to be the fisrt to comment.
    trouble is you need your own blog to comment here.

    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete